Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Home 14,506 miles

We are home--John in Abiquiu and me in Rio Rancho...the mileage is really 14,746 from my house.   A wonderful trip and my top 10:

1.  Athabasca Glacier and Icefield Center--why do they have ten toilet paper dispensers and only one extra roll of tp?

2.  John Wells, trapper in Fort Nelson BC who has trapped on 500 square miles for over 40 years.

3  Midnight baseball

4.  Pizza at Mountain High Pizza Pie in Talkeetna

5.  King Crab burgers at Soapy Smith's

6.  Fishing all day for halibut, in the rain

7.  The Olympic Rain Forest

8.  Water, water everywhere, all colors--clear, turquoise, aqua, chocolate, green

9.  A brother who starts the generator so I can grind coffee beans

10.  Home, safe and sound

Thanks to everyone who has followed the blog, commented via phone, email and on the blog.  We enjoyed the comments and, although it took quite a bit of time, the blog was a great opportunity to share our adventure with others. 

I'll encourage everyone to step out of their daily comfort zone and explore.  "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the  moments that take our breath away" is a saying on a box my dear friend Rhonda Matthews gave me.  True, we had our breath taken away many times.

Linda

1 comment:

  1. Good quote to live by! Great travel blog and I enjoyed the journey with you two!

    ReplyDelete